CLEAR THE WALL AND SPACE AROUND IT
- Remove everything that is on the wall like painting, photo frame, decorative items etc.
- Move all furniture to the centre of the room or away from the wall which is to be covered.
- Cover the floor beneath the wall with cardboard/newspaper or plastic sheet to protect your floor.
- Keep your Tool kit ready for preparing your wall. We suggest following tools- Hammer, screwdriver, sand paper, scraper, sponge, water bucket, waste bin, blade knife/cutter, paint roller, mask.
MAKE THE WALL SMOOTH AND CLEAN
- A plastered wall is a must and preferably with POP.
- Remove any nails, screws or any unwanted object which may damage your wall covering.
- Remove any old wallpaper before installation.
- Old, flaking or loose paint will need to be scraped using a sandpaper to get a smooth surface.
- For freshly painted walls, allow 2 to 3 weeks drying time before installing your mural.
- Treat your wall with a good quality wall sealer/ primer which must be white coloured.
- Wall surfaces MUST be smooth, flat and free of flaky paint, dust or other containments.
- Wall must be free of any termites or seepage.
- In case of old painted walls, it is preferable to give 1 coat of white paint so that old paint does not show through in light coloured designs.
- Make sure the wall is clean, dry and smooth. A well-prepared wall leads to a great looking finish.